The Malta Classics Association is a voluntary organisation that relies financially on the membership fees of its like-minded members and the donations of its generous benefactors. All membership and course fees, donations and funds raised through the MCA’s occasional fund raising activities are reinvested in the many public lectures that the MCA organises for free throughout the year, the publication of the Melita Classica and other books, and other initiatives organised to further and encourage the study of Classics in Malta. If, like us, you believe that the study of the Classics is still valid and valuable today, then join the Malta Classics Association today and help us achieve our aims.
All members of the Malta Classics Association are also encouraged to take an active role in the fight to preserve the study of Classics in Malta and to raise awareness of the benefits of such a study by standing for election to the MCA’s Executive Committee or by joining one of the many Subcommittees dedicated to particular projects or aspects of our work.
Regular memberships for persons resident in Malta and Gozo are priced at €15 and are to be renewed at the start of each calendar year. Local students can apply for the discounted Student Membership at €5 per year. Life-memberships at a one-time payment of €150 are also open to any person resident in Malta and Gozo. International memberships at €10 are also available but do not entitle the holder to a complimentary copy of the Melita Classica
All paid members of the Association are entitled to:
- Attendance and voting rights in the MCA’s Annual and Extraordinary General Meetings
- Candidacy for election or co-option to the Executive Committee or Subcommittees
- A complimentary copy of the Melita Classica published during each year for which they are fully paid members (not applicable to international members)
- Notifications of all MCA events directly in their inbox
- Advanced notice of events open to a limited number of people
- Discounted tickets for the MCA’s paid events
- Delivery of the MCA’s quarterly newsletter directly in their inbox
- Discounts on publication and courses
- Other perks and discounts relating to one-off initiatives or projects of the MCA
Membership is currently only open for individuals age 16 and over. International members are very welcome. Although you might not be able to avail yourself of many of the perks and offers available to our local members, your suggestions and contributions can still help us better our services and Association.
Joining is easy! Simply email us at [email protected] with your name, email address and postal address. Payment can be made via Revolut, BOV Mobile, paypal or bank transfer.